Monday, February 14, 2011

The 02/21/2011 Spectacle

It seems like everyone wants to put their two cents worth in when it comes to the 02/21/2011 advertisements. I suppose I should be no different, so here goes.

At no point has WWE done anything but make a pretty obvious series of clips regarding The Undertaker's return on February 21st. The IWC has taken them and run with them, however. Rumors of it being Sting's WWE debut, or the Awesome Kong debut have been running rampant. I would be inclined to speculate as well, if it weren't for the fact that they don't even really seem to be vague at all...they simply seem to be spooky vignettes heralding The Deadman's return.

Don't get me wrong...I'm ready for Kong to stir up the Divas, and Sting's debut would be very interesting...but I cannot really get behind either theory because they are both baseless speculation. Speculation is fun, but it shouldn't get anyone's hopes up. I doubt WWE expected there to be any real controversy, they were just doing a basic Undertaker Returns package.

That being said, If I were booker (tm), I would have the cabin be Undertaker's (which would explain the Johnny Cash song) and Sting is the person looking for him. Perhaps it is where the Undertaker heals, and him not being there means he is all better....

Nah. No Sting.

Incidentally, I expect the guest host of Wrestlemania to be announced tonight as The Rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment